Pond and Lake Aeration Systems
Improve Water Quality by adding oxygen where it's needed
Lake and Pond Aeration Systems Add Oxygen for Healthier Water
Vertex advanced lake, pond, canal, marina and reservoir diffused aeration systems have been shown in independent testing to aid in water quality restoration by adding oxygen to the water at all depths. Pond or lake aeration is a better choice for the environment as it reduces the need for chemicals to combat problems caused by low oxygen including algae and aquatic weeds, fish kills, poor water clarity, midge fly swarms, foul odors and bottom muck.
Healthy ponds and lakes have the proper balance of oxygen and nutrients to sustain plants, fish and other living organisms. There are two sources for oxygen in the water; as a byproduct of photosynthesis, or from currents or wind pushing oxygen through the surface. Oxygen depletion occurs because oxygen is used even when there is insufficient natural water current, wind or sunlight occurring:
- Above the water – at night, during overcast days, trees, ice, snow or other cover
- In the water – from overabundance of algae or aquatic weeds at the surface caused by thermal stratification, warm water at the surface, cool water at the bottom.
No matter what the cause of low oxygen in your pond, adding diffused oxygen to the water column is the permanent solution. It increases water circulation, prevent stagnant-thermally stratified water, and reduce muck; restoring a healthy, balanced pond ecosystem.
A pond aeration system is a big investment. If you are not sure of the size of your pond, or what system will work best for you we can help. Vertex uses satellite technology to measure ponds so that you get the right product for the size, shape, slope and depth of your pond. Don’t guess which Vertex aerator is right for your pond or lake, learn how we go about calculating the correct system.
Designing an aeration system takes into account:
- Water Depth: Our specialists look at the range of depths in order to create the best turnover rate.
- Shape: This determines the number of AirStations needed to ensure the entire pond or lake gets the full effect of oxygenation.
- Acreage: Correctly sizing an aeration system will take into account the total size of your pond or lake.
- Power source: We can design your system based on what you have without costly updates.
- Cabinet Location: If your system will be located near activities or under a window we can reduce the sound.
Vertex Pond and Lake Aeration System Components
The best aquatic aeration system configuration to achieve consistent oxygen levels throughout the entire body of your pond, lake, canal, marina or reservoir is based on looking at all of these variables together. The biologists at Vertex have years of training and experience specifying aeration systems for all types and sizes of ponds, lakes, marinas, canals and reservoirs. Your aeration specialist will design the most efficient and cost effective system for your unique waterbody using these components:
Our systems range from 1/4 hp – 4 hp
Compressor systems warranty: 3 years for any defective part, cabinet has a lifetime warranty against rust. Warranty period is based on the date of receipt. Air filters and compressor maintenance kits are wearable parts and not covered under this warranty.
- SafeStart™ technology allows for full pressure restarts
- Highest flow rate of any compressor in its class
- Available in 115V 60 Hz or 220V – 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Oil-free technology requires no lubrication
- 2 – 4 times the duty cycle of other compressors
- Thermal overload protection
- Superior piston design provides higher pressure, quieter operation and longer life than vane compressors
- Powder coated aluminum is a durable, attractive finish
- Redundant cooling systems with ventilation grill and high capacity fans to prevent overheating
- Easy access design with lock and key
- Easy plug-in connection to electrical service
- Heavy duty, light-weight mounting pad
- All ‘Large Lake’ cabinets have an integrated muffler for quieter operation
AirStation - Bottom Diffusers
Configurations from 1 – 8 AirStations per cabinet
AirStation™ diffuser assembly warranty: 5 years based on the date of receipt.
Vertex AirStation Disks with Membrane3 Technology
Over 60K Membrane3 diffuser disks have been sold without a single reported clogged or blown-out membrane. Vertex stands behind its diffuser technology with our famous 5-year “No Questions Asked” warranty.
The Vertex Diffuser Advantage
- Energy efficient die cut perforations with a “Delta” surface pattern increases active surface area and aeration efficiency
- Proprietary membrane compound increases rebound flexibility, wear, clog resistance and longevity
- Larger, stronger diffuser ring improves membrane retention and service life
- StableTrak™ technology increases lift velocity
- FlowControl™ technology equalizes airflow to each disk
No weighting needed with our Tubing
BottomLine™ tubing warranty: 15 years based on the date of receipt.
Self-weighted air supply tubing addresses the needs of professionals by ensuring the air gets where it’s needed without extra cost or materials.
Bottomline Tubing Features
- Use with standard PVC solvent weld cement
- High wall thickness for long term durability
- Remains flexible in cold temperatures
- Over-sized for high flow
- Self-weighted for easy installation
- Available in 100′ and 500′ increments
- Available in inside diameters from 0.58″ to 1.25″
Site Specific Add-ons
Normal conversation is in the 60-70 decibel range – the same as our cabinets without sound kits. But when they have to be placed by patios, under bedroom windows or in community gathering areas, the noise just seems louder.
Now there are options to give your customers the best experience for their circumstances, the Vertex Sound Kit which consists of a Muffler Box, Sound Insulation and a Quiet Filter. This option is available for all sizes of Vertex QuietAir™ Cabinets.
Remote Valve Box
No power source near the water? No problem, simply locate the system cabinet where you do have power and deliver the air as far as needed through 1″ PVC pipe. Place the remote valve box at the shoreline to divide the air into separate airlines. This will save the thousands of dollars in unnecessary costs.
Let the Vertex aeration experts design your best system.